Sunday, August 22, 2010

My results.. but no Winners.. yet.

Bobbi and I are working to "connect" (from 2,000 miles apart) and coordinate the random.org winner selection process.

So in the mean time - I will share my results from Friday Night with you all. The Sun is finally out today allowing me to take some pictures... yay!

This is the quilt top using the Neptune fabric by Tura Tula Pink for Moda. I originally wanted this for my oldest son - but he doesn't like it. I know.. crazy right!?

I decided on a very simple design without cutting into any of the squares - this way I can enjoy all the prints that I love!

I probably won't get to finishing it for awhile - as I have some deadlines fast approaching for some other projects and need to set this aside for now.

But I am hoping to rent some time on a long arm machine in the coming months. I found a small little quilt shop in W Duluth that rents for only $20 an hour. I thought that sounded reasonable.

Anyway - the Winners will be announced in a few hours. Don't forget to come back and see if it's you! It's going to be pretty awesome! I promise. Pin It

13 comments:

Jess in Progress said...

That is really pretty!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love your Neptune Quilt...funny that your son doesn't like it. My husband doesn't care for the NEPTUNE line, but then will like something I think he shouldn't :)

AllieKatMom said...

I love Neptune. I am still in search for a few prints, wish I had bought them a long time ago! This is beautiful. Love the Triton background, really great!

Libby said...

I love how this really shows off those beautiful fabrics!

Jacque. said...

LOVE that quilt! I need to look around for a shop that offers longarm service. You are right...$20 per hour sounds very reasonable!

Patty said...

I really like this quilt but I bet it has too many pinks in it for your son.

SheilaC said...

Gorgeous!!! Love that fabric with the dark sashing

SheilaC

Denise :) said...

I really like the border on this. It just sort of sets off the whole top! Job well done! :)

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a very pretty quilt. But why wouldn't you quilt it on your domestic machine? That's doable.

Deanna said...

I like the border a lot, too. The shading is far more effective than I would have supposed. Very nice.

Meghan said...

Love the double border!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Rent a longarm? That is an amazing concept. The owners that thought it up are geniuses. Wish we had something like that here. I'd probably make more quilts! Love your quilt.

emo apparels said...

I like this blog. Thank you for sharing this information.