Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hop.. Skip.. and a whole lotta goodies

The boys and I just returned home after spending a week with my parents. We had a great time.. the boys got spoiled by Grandma.. and went fishing with Grandpa. It was an all around good time.

So - after 7 days, we loaded up the car and headed home. We had to drive all across Minnesota and since yesterday was day 1 of the "Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop".. we made a few stops along the way.

I didn't travel off our route - so we only stopped at 3 stores. But they were all wonderful stores that I will be sure to visit again. My boys were real troopers too. What would normally be a 4 1/2 hour trip.. became 7 hours. I had warned them that we would be stopping and there would be NO COMPLAINING!!! They actually got into it.. my oldest was even saying things like "Mom.. look at this" and "Mom.. look at that quilt on the wall.. it has a lot of detail". LOL

Anyway - my first stop was "Back Porch Quilts" in Detroit Lakes MN (my husbands home town). I've been to this store before and it never disappoints. I need to save up some $$ and go back!!

Moda's very own Holly Taylor even designed Quilt Minnesota Fabric. And it's so beautiful!!! Every store gives you a bag with directions and fabric to make one block using the signature fabric. 

I had to get the charm pack.. love it!

My second stop was "Front Porch Quilts" in Walker MN. Let me just say ADORABLE!!!

Their flannel selection made my heart skip a beat... seriously.. I think I blacked out a little. When I came to I heard my son saying "Mom.. are you ok? Let go of the fabric Mom.. you're embarassing us"... ok, maybe not - but you get the idea.

I grabbed a charm pack of "Awesome" by Sandy Gervais. I'm going to make a cute fall table topper I think.

My final stop is a shop that is close to my house.. THANK GOODNESS!! Because I'm in love with this store!!! It's called "The Hingeley Road Quilt Shop".

Look at all these precuts...

Have you EVER seen so many??


All the joy made me a little dizzy..  I only took pictures of 3 walls of precuts.. but they have more if you can believe it! And I found this little jewel..

I need to go back very soon (without kids) and take my time searching through their stash to see what other treasures I can find. Let me just say.. if there is a charm pack you've been looking for.. they probably have it!!

This store also gave away (yes.. for FREE) this quilt book. The store owner is the designer... and she was giving this book to all the shop hoppers with their square. Very generous!

I'm going to visit the quilt stores in the Duluth area this week and sew what other treasures I can find. But first.. groceries!! The fridge was looking pretty empty after being gone a week!

And tonight.. SEWING!!!!! Pin It

13 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, I would love a shop like that near me! Well done to the boys

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OMG!! I can NOT believe all those pre cuts!! I'm jealous that you have that shop so close to your house! Lucky!!! :) And you got some great buys!

Oddbjørg said...

Oh, I wish I could visit some of these stores! May be one day.
Your boys are great!

Pat said...

I have not had a chance to start the MN quilt shop hop yet, but it is so fun. I think this is the 4th year and the shop owners are so creative with the items they make and of course how they entice us into the shops.

I cannot wait to start! Glad you found some great shops and I can say I have been to all three.
Pat

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I want to go with you next time!

Mrs Quilty said...

What a fun trip with your boys!!! And what troopers they are to visit quilt shops and be nice too! Those pics of precuts looks fabulous! Would love to visit that one!!! Love the ones you picked out too!! Take care!

Tiffany said...

Yeah, I want to go with you next time too. Great pics, so many goodies to look at! I soooo want that Neptune charm pack, been looking - but no joy.

Patty said...

Sound like you have so fabulous quilt stores in your neck of the woods! Three cheers for your boys too!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All that fun and Neptune too? What fun Heidi! I have to head out to a few shops in my area.

Lis Harwood said...

Oh, I am so envious of your US quilt shops. Well done to your boys :)

Crystal Hendrix said...

Looks awesome!!

Bev C said...

Hello Heidi,I am so glad you had a great holiday and those shops you visited, I have never seen so many pre-cuts. You must have been in heaven. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

omashee aka Barb said...

Oh Heidi, all those precuts took my breath away! I'm coming to visit you!!! You can take me to this fabulous shop.