Friday, April 2, 2010

Potholders and more..

I have been sewing the last couple days.. but not as much as I wish. No school today so we spent 3 1/2 hours at the park. That was a large chunk of the day... but the weather was gorgeous and the kids needed it... plus we met some friends there so we were catching up on life while the kids played.

Anyway - I made some potholders. I have a thing for grommets and had to give them a try. I sent these to my SIL today. I had a package that I was mailing her anyway and tossed these in for a little surprise. She lives in Rhode Island.. hopefully still dry. (the fabric is OZ by Sanae for Moda)

Here is another set that I made using a line from last year called Fresh...


Next - a little update on the Butterfly Garden. This is what was in the box that arrived yesterday. The caterpillars will be in the cup with that "food" for approx a week. Once they form their chrysalis we transfer them to the 'cage'. I'll let you know when that happens. 
 

And finally - I have to share a sweet surprise that showed up at our door just before dinner.

YUMMY!!! My friend Ashley sent this to us for Easter. We've already ate almost half of it. It's so GOOD!!! If you've never had one.. you really should try it. All fresh fruit - made the day it's delivered.. no preservatives.. just fruit (and chocolate on some). It is a great addition to any Easter table!
It's from Edible Arrangements and she knows the chocolate covered bananas are my favorite.

I know tonight is not a formal Friday Night Sew-in.. but I'm planning to sew tonight. How about you?
Pin It

9 comments:

Bobbi said...

i love the grommets on the potholders!!! ill have to try those on round 3. im sewing tonight too...must be in the air. we could whip out our phones and call it a FNSI behind the scenes :)

Julia said...

Great potholders. Boy, could I ever use some new ones. That couldn't be too hard to do, but I don't know about the grommets. Are they hard? The fruit arrangement looks yummy! I hope all of your caterpillars turn into butterflies!

CJ said...

I have made potholders but end up giving them to others. I think I need to make some for MYSELF!! Something in one of my favorite fabrics. It IS Friday and I am sewing! I can hardly wait for the Sew In on the 16th. :D

DeAnna said...

Wonderful idea about the grommets. I never thought about that....they look really nice. Those fruit arrangements are so good. Some of my patient's families have given those to the nurses. Thanks for sharing.

wishes, true and kind said...

I have to -- I mean get to -- make a potholder for a swap for the Portland Modern Quilt Guild, and yours are very inspiring. I think I might even try those grommets! Nice look!

Poppyprint said...

Wow! That fruit arrangement is beautiful and does indeed look delicious!! Nice friend.
Your potholders are super pretty, nice job.

Val said...

I was just telling Bobbi that you two amaze me by how much you do. I love that fruit. Beautiful and delicious. Happy Easter.

Sue said...

Those pot holders are just too perfect to use and the Fruit arrangement is divine. I don't think we get such amazing goodies in our little neck of the woods.

Jamie said...

I love the grommets too! Your potholders look fantastic!