Friday, February 19, 2010

Elton John called.. he wants his outfit back!

We have a crossing guard at school that is a retired women and she makes my morning - every.single.day!

She always wears a baseball cap that is full of bling.. lots of jewels and sparkles that shine in the morning sun. And her clothes are always sporty. Every morning when I see her - I get a little smile and I think "I bet she's a hoot to hang out with."

Well, this morning - she took it too far. You can't tell from the picture (darn cell phone camera) but her baseball hat is totally covered in gold rinestones - and her outfit... ZOWIE!!! It's leopard print.. GRRRRR...


My oldest son said "HOLY WILDCAT!". Her shoes are purple sequin sneakers. Whew.. I love this women!

I had to be covert with the camera - because I didn't want her to see me take the picture. I really like her and didn't want to make her feel bad. But I'm guessing she has something really fun going on today!

I wonder if she sew's?? I should invite her over for the FRIDAY NIGHT SEW-IN tonight!!!!! She may not sew.. but I'd bet some good money that she owns a Bedazzler! Pin It

14 comments:

Dorrie said...

Wowee! I love people who are comfortable in the skin they're in!

Julia said...

Ha ha ha!! I needed that laugh. She sounds great! I hope that one day I will be this secure in myself!!!

loulee said...

There's one in every town! Ours is great fun too, I love her to bits and wouldn't change her for a thing.

Mary Anne Drury said...

I wanna be just like her when I grow up !!! One can NEVER and I repeat NEVER have too much BLING and animal prints on in the morning !!!!! I'm thinkin' for next months Friday Night Sew In it could be a "Wear your Bling" party too! (I've got a snappy tiara, cat eye glasses with "diamonds" and pink tu tu already to go )
Anyhow .... I'm joining you all tonight for my first Friday Night Sew In (be gentle with me......) :)

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Hummmm I wonder where she shops for clothes? I am looking forward to the sew in. I accidently entered again, sorry.

Holly Days Closet said...

Can always count on the people in AZ for a good laugh we have a couple of people out here in Florence that are just to funny.
I'm also signed up for the sew in at least I think I am.
Holly

Unknown said...

She's not a wildcat, she's a cougar rawr. lol.

Poppyprint said...

You know, it takes a special gal to pull that off!

Libby said...

WOW!! I used to be a school crossing guard...I had to wear a too big police officers uniform!!!

I am SO ready for tonight!
Libby

Lisa said...

Too funny!

CJ said...

I'll bet the kids love to see what she is wearing. I wonder if she does it for kicks or if she really dresses like that. LOL!

Lis Harwood said...

Good for her!

Val said...

Yay for her! She isn't worried about what anyone thinks of her. Good for her! I love that you took a picture of her to share with us.

Unknown said...

I have to admire this woman.......she is who she is and there is something beautiful about that kind of freedom!